Monday, September 6, 2010

Herodotus Style of Writing

1. 1. When I was in kindergarten my favorite thing to do was play on the playground and nap. My mom says that I only went to kindergarten in the afternoon session because at that time it was only necessary to go for half a day of kindergarten. My teacher was also my neighbor at the time, my mother informs me. I attended Pretty Boy Elementary school which I had heard from others was named after a horse that drowned in a river near the school.

2. 2. The first grade teacher at the school was Mrs. Thompson, and older women who was very strict. Both of my parents say that she should not have been involved in teaching children because she showed no compassion for her students. I was reminded of a past event in Mrs. Thompson’s from my mother when I asked to borrow a pencil and I was yelled at and started crying.

3. 3. Second grade was a good year in my life as I remember it. My teacher was a warm hearted and tender lady who was known as Mrs. B. According to my father this was one of his favorite teachers he had met because she reminded him of his mother who he loves dearly. I was informed of a story where on teacher parent night, Mrs. B stayed later than other teachers to make sure all parents questions and requests were answered and seen to as it was necessary for a successful year.

4. 4. I have heard from a multitude of people that my third grade teacher was by far the funniest of any teacher I have ever had and I have to agree. On the last day of school every year, she would climb on her desk, turn music on, and dance while her homeroom class got to watch and laugh. She was able to make the class enjoyable for all her students while getting the curriculum across to the students also.

5. 5. Mr. Bass was my main teacher in 4th grade and the teacher I liked the best in middle school. My younger sister was friends with his daughter so I knew him in and out of school. I had a lot of friends that were in his class with me which made the year more enjoyable. My sister says that he was very nice out of school, and I can vouch that he was in school also. He did his best to be fair to everyone, and disciplined students when necessary, not just for fun.

6. 6. In the fifth grade we began to have a schedule that was more like a middle school schedule, with multiple teachers. Mrs. Clavin was my homeroom teacher, while others taught different subjects. The most memorable is Mr. Schaffer. Before the start of 5th grade I had heard from older students that Mr. Schaffer had people clean his fish tank for him. Others informed me and others that he forced students to clip his toenails for him in class. It turned out I did have to clean his fish tank, but he never had students clip his toenails, but he did clip them in the middle of class. One story that I was reminded of by my parents and sister took place before Christmas break of my 5th grade year. My friend Trenton and I were sent by Mr. Schaffer to go to the janitor closet and bring two boxes to him. When we got to the closet and found the boxes, we realized that the door had shut behind us, and was locked from the inside. We were forced to go through a back door and be let in by the office. When we returned to his class we realized we had left the boxes in the closet.

7. 7. Elementary school was a mixture of experiences, good and bad. My parents say that I was never a problem in class and never got in trouble. I had never been called to the office for doing something wrong in elementary school and received good grades in the classes I was in. I had a good amount of friends as most people do in elementary school and my parents believe it was a good choice for me to go there and graduate elementary school there.

No comments:

Post a Comment